Some 21st Century Political Ideals
- People willingly accept responsibility for their politicians and their government.
- Relations between countries continue to improve with more student and researcher exchanges, more trade and intelligent experiential tourism.
- Subsidiarity is honoured (i.e. not one single decision is taken at a higher tier of government than absolutely necessary) as relations between tiers of government become cooperative.
- Communities, towns and districts, are recognized as the primary tier for political activity (rather than the Nation) with devolution of powers.
- Simplification of governmental controls with removal of thousands of laws and drastic reductions in the endless stream of new regulations.
- Finances come under control at all levels of government with independent auditing to commercial standards and automatic dismissal of both politicians and bureaucrats for actual or attempted chicanery.
- Empires disintegrate; war ceases to become an acceptable instrument of policy; and military expenditures reduce.
I believe that progress on these lines is possible: but you have to want it. Post your practical aspirations here.
Originally posted: August-2009
All posted material is part of a scientific project and should be regarded as provisional.
Visitors are encouraged to think through the topics and propositions for themselves.
Copyright © Warren Kinston 2009-2016.
All Rights Reserved.
comments powered by